On April 7th, some members of the Magnify Digital team attended the F5 Expo at the Vancouver Convention Centre. Different people had varying opinions about the conference, panels and trade show. All in all, it was an experience.
The morning started with a surprise for attendees and organizers alike. I was greeted by a room full of people waiting in line at the entrance of the Convention Centre – technical difficulties. After an hour wait, I was finally able to check-in.
The day went well. I visited some booths at the trade show and attended some of the panel discussions. Here are a couple interesting points I heard from the panel discussions:
- If a search engine user sees a company’s results in both paid and organic listings, they are 25% more likely to click through on either listing
- 60% of Canadians use more than 1 search engine
- “Viral is an outcome, not a plan”
- YouTube has made videos eternal – watch what you say
Overall, the conference sessions were okay, but the opportunity to connect with other people at the conference was the highlight of my day.
Here’s what other people are also saying about their experience at the conference:
- Do a quick search on Twitter for #F5Expo.
- Read a student’s F5 Expo journey.
- Or a person’s personal insights and inspirations attending F5 Expo.
- How about, F5 Expo as experienced through Twitter, 140 characters at a time.
So, what was your experience at F5 Expo?