Merging+Media Conference is taking place from October 24 – 26. The event brings together cross-media thought leaders and award-winning strategies that will help you Innovate. Cross-pollinate. & Co-Create.
If you don’t have your ticket yet, Register Now!
If you registered already, don’t forget to check out some Hot Tips for the conference.
Our CEO, Moyra Rodger, will be participating in the “Who Owns What?: 360 Intellectual Property Rights” roundtable on October 24 (1:00-2:30 pm) and she will also be moderating the “Show Me the Money!: Financing + Distributing the 360 Property” session on October 25 (4:30-5:25pm).
Finally, other than attending the great line-up of sessions, be sure to come say “Hi!” to the ALERT-TV+ team at the Merging+Media 2012 Innovation Gallery. ALERT-TV+ is our online audience engagement system and it is designed specifically for producers and broadcasters to create effective cross-platform strategies that deliver measurable results.
We look forward to meeting you at the conference.
- Need a true assessment of yours and your competitors’ online presence?
- Want to know where your customers are gathering online?
- Have trouble converting social media efforts into real ROI?
- Look for ways to genuinely drive engagement with your brand?
- Want a simple, effective way to keep current with online marketing tools, techniques and trends?
If you answered Yes to 2 or more of these questions, you need to take a look at ALERT®: a simple 5-step process for creating, implementing, and monitoring digital strategies that work. This process is tried and proven.
ALERT® is an acronym that stands for the five phases. Assess. Locate. Engage. Respond. Track.
If you’d like to take advantage of our special offer for a FREE initial assessment of your current online presence, please click here. (Available only to the first 10 respondents).
Magnify Digital was created in 2007 as a digital strategy agency. The team here soon realized that they were creating much more than just an agency. They pioneered a process for aggregating, simplifying and leveraging the non-stop avalanche of digital platforms, tools, and tactics. That’s when ALERT® was born.
ALERT® is an automated web based system that enables marketers and small businesses to take control of their digital presence and devise effective strategies that actually work for them and their clients. ALERT® stands for ASSESS, LOCATE, ENGAGE, RESPOND & TRACK – the five key steps to the system and we’d argue, the five essential components of every successful digital strategy.
Assess & Locate make up the first stage – a rigorous Assessment of a company’s digital presence, and that of its competitors. A scan of the industry reveals what your target audience is saying and where they are hanging out. The second stage is Engage, which consists of devising and implementing a manageable and measurable Strategy. Once the strategy is in place, it’s time to Respond & Track, which essentially is monitoring your online presence.
The benefits of using ALERT® are endless! Marketers often complain they don’t have enough time to keep up with the seemingly endless changes in social media features, emerging tools, guidelines, policies, and thought leaders. ALERT® does the heavy lifting for you. Think of it as a digital whisperer! ALERT® makes licensees look like digital strategy rock stars without the expense and hassle.
Here are some key features. The ALERT® system is:
- Updated daily. The tools are updated whenever a new feature, viable platform, or tactic comes to market.
- Resourceful. Includes a resource area full of aggregated information, such as social media statistics, news updates, and case studies.
- Easy to use. You don’t have to be a digital expert, the system takes you through a step-by-step approach on how to use each tool and feature.
- Time saving. We’ve already done the work for you. You don’t need to keep on top of trends and new tools. ALERT® aggregates this information into one place and best of all makes the digital jargon make sense.
- Web based. You can use it anywhere.
- Professional in design. The system is designed to make you and your company look great. It automatically creates polished documents based on the data you input.
ALERT® is the perfect system to help get you and your business get on its way with an effective digital strategy!
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding this system.
Twitter is a great tool for discovering what people are saying about a company, brand, or any other topic. However, if you are only interested in conversations from a certain location, using Twitter’s search function might not be very helpful.
Overall, Hootsuite is a great tool for managing your company’s Twitter account. One particular feature makes it exceptional for finding conversations from a specific location.
Here’s how you use it:
- Log into Hootsuite (or create a new account if you don’t have one).
- Click the magnifying glass located at the top right.
- Enter the desired keyword in the Search Twitter field.
- Click the circular (cross-hair) located right of the search field.
- In the window that pops up, click the Save as Stream button.
The resulting stream will show tweets that include your desired keyword, in your proximity.
Now if you want tweets from a location that is different from your current city, you will first need to determine the latitude and longitude of the desired location. You can use http://itouchmap.com/latlong.html to figure out the coordinates.
How to Edit Geo-Targeted Search
- Locate the stream you just created in Hootsuite.
- Click the inverted triangle located at the top right of the stream.
- Select Preferences from the drop down menu.
- In the search query field, replace the existing coordinates with the desired coordinates (make sure you only replace the coordinates section – bolded in this example “canucks geocode:49.2639013,-123.1117966,25km”).
- If you want to expand or restrict the geo-target radius, change the distance configuration in the search query (25km is the default distance).
- Click the Save Changes button.
- – - – - – - – - – -
Brought to you by ALERT™
ALERT™ is a proprietary system for creating online strategies that deliver measurable results. The five stage process (Assess, Locate, Engage, Respond & Track) and web application helps traditional marketing, advertising and PR agencies learn and adapt their skills to become online power houses.
For more information on licensing ALERT™, contact us.